- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2 chicken breast halves)
- 1/3 cup pesto sauce
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker and salt and pepper it. You can put the chicken breasts in whole or you can cut into bite size pieces.
- Add the mushrooms to the slow cooker.
- Spoon the pesto over the chicken and mushrooms in dollops.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours. Check chicken for doneness.
- If the chicken is already cut into pieces, stir a bit and serve. If the chicken is whole, then slice the chicken on a cutting board and stir together with the pesto sauce and mushrooms and then serve.
Ideal slow cooker size: 3 quart