A meatloaf made in your crockpot that is inspired by pepperoni pizza! Mozzarella and diced pepperoni are combined with lean ground beef to make a flavorful combination that kids and adults both love.
- 1 pound lean or extra lean ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce (plus more for basting)
- 1/3 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella (plus more for melting)
- Combine the ingredients. In a bowl, using gloved or clean hands, mix together the beef, garlic powder, worcestershire, Italian seasoning, kosher salt, pepper, egg, breadcrumbs, tomato sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella.
- Form the meatloaf. Form the meatloaf into the shape of a loaf pan that fits inside your slow cooker. Place the pan in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Cook: Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours. Carefully remove the meatloaf. The meatloaf may not look done and bit watery on top. The broiler step helps this immensely. If you’re worried about doneness use a thermometer to make sure the middle of the meatloaf is 160 degrees F.
- Broil: Place the foil/pan under the broiler for about one minute to dry out the meatloaf a bit. Then baste is with a little tomato sauce and put it under the broiler for another minute. Then sprinkle with a little grated mozzarella cheese and broil for one more minute.
- Serve. Serve the meatloaf and enjoy. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze the leftovers for a couple of months.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Beef
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 303
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 566 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Protein: 28 g