Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Cup Mini Cheesecake: This recipe is full of all the good things you love–cream cheese, peanut butter, chocolate and Reese’s mini peanut butter cups. But it’s only enough servings for two or three people so you won’t have endless leftovers to tempt you for days and days. Plus this cheesecake is made in the slow cooker which cooks the dessert very slow and evenly and produces a perfect result with no cracking on the top of the cheesecake!
For the Crust
- 2 full graham crackers
- 1 1/2 tsp butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
For the Cheesecake Filling
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
For the Glaze
- 1 1/2 oz dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp milk
- 1 tsp corn syrup
- Reese’s mini peanut butter cups, for decoration (I used dark chocolate)
- 1. Find a pan or dish that is oven safe and will fit in the bottom of your slow cooker. I used a 6 inch springform pan.
- 2. Break up the graham crackers into crumbs (I used a baggie and a rolling pin to smash the crackers). Stir together the crumbs, butter and sugar. Press graham cracker crumb mixture into the bottom of your pan.
- 3. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low and slowly pour in the cocoa powder and sugar. Beat in the sugar, salt, vanilla, egg and peanut butter until just combined. Pour the cheesecake filling on top of the graham cracker crust. Place the pan/dish into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- 4. Bring about 2 cups of water to a boil. Pour the water into the slow cooker to reach halfway up the sides of the cheesecake dish.
- 5. Cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for about 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours. Check for doneness. The cake should be set but still wobbly in the center.
- 6. Carefully remove the pan from the slow cooker and place on a wire rack. Cool completely for about 30 minutes. Then place in the fridge for about an hour or until completely cold.
- 7. Make your chocolate glaze. Combine chocolate chips and butter in a glass bowl. Microwave for about 1 minute. Stir and add in milk and corn syrup until smooth. Unmold the cheesecake and pour glaze over the top of the cheesecake and smooth with a butter knife or a offset spatula and let the chocolate drip down the sides and smooth the chocolate with the knife.
- 8. Decorate the top of the cake with chopped up peanut butter cups. Serve and enjoy!