A super easy chili recipe that is a cross between chili and nachos. Toss all the ingredients into the slow cooker and let them simmer all day for maximum flavor! I serve this with lots of crunched up tortilla chips. This recipe is perfect for game day and tailgaiting.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Hunt’s diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 (16 oz) can Bush’s mild kidney chili beans, with juices
- 1 (16 oz) can Bush’s mild pinto chili beans, with juices
- 1 (4 oz) can Hunt’s tomato paste
- 1 cup nacho cheese sauce (or salsa con queso)
- Tortilla chips
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Add in the ground beef and break it up with a wooden spoon. Add in the onion and the taco seasoning. Cook for about 5 minutes until the beef is browned and the onions are softened. Transfer the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Add the diced tomatoes, beans and tomato paste into the slow cooker. Stir.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Stir in the nacho cheese sauce.
- Serve with crunched up tortilla chips.
To make gluten free: Double check the taco seasoning for wheat. McCormick’s makes packets that say gluten free right on the front. Generally nacho cheese is not safe, though there are a few brands that are. The frito Lay one is safe, as is one of their Quesos (check the labels)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6-8 hours on low
- Category: Chili
- Method: Slow Cooker
Keywords: Beef, chili