With just a handful of ingredients you can make fall apart pork that is perfect on sandwiches. This particular recipe has no packets of ranch or au jus. The meat is slightly spicy and infused with flavor.
- 2 pounds pork loin roast
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 Tbsp Better than Bouillon Chicken Base*
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini juice
- 5 pepperoncinis
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Provolone Cheese
- Cut your pork roast in half, lengthwise. Add it into the slow cooker.
- Add in the butter, bouillon, pepperoncinis juice, pepperoncinis, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-12 hours, until roast is tender and easily shreddable.
- Shred the roast, stir it into the juices in the slow cooker.
- We like to serve this roast as a sandwich on a hoagie bun with provolone cheese melted on top.
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
- Category: Pork
- Method: Slow Cooker