A savory, low carb breakfast casserole made in the slow cooker with eggs, cauliflower, leeks, mushrooms, sausage and shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Spray the bottom of your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. In a microwave safe bowl, add the small pieces of cauliflower (I like to cut mine it small bite-size pieces) and 1/4 tsp salt. Fill the bowl with water to cover the cauliflower. Place bowl in the microwave and microwave for 8 minutes.
- While the cauliflower cooks, prepare your mushrooms, sausage and leeks.
- Drain the water off of the cauliflower. Add the barely cooked cauliflower to the bottom of the slow cooker. Uniformly distribute the mushrooms and sausage pieces.
- In a bowl whisk 6 eggs and 1/4 tsp salt together. Gently stir in the cleaned leeks. Gently stir in half of the bag of cheese (save the other half of the bag for later).
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the cauliflower pieces, mushrooms and sausage.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours. The eggs will puff up and that’s when you’ll know they are cooked through. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and let it melt for a few minutes. Slice the casserole and serve. Salt and pepper to taste.