A super easy recipe that can be make with just 5-ingredients and a few minutes of hands-on time.
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage (I used mild)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 (19 oz) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Optional: 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Brown the sausage. Heat a pan over medium high heat and then add in the Italian sausage. Break it up with a wooden spoon (I use this tool*). Add in the diced onion. Once the sausage is browned and the onion is soft transfer it to the slow cooker.
- Add ingredients into the slow cooker. Pour the frozen tortellini evenly over the top. Dump the tomatoes evenly over the top of the tortellini. Don’t stir.
- Slow cook. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 2 hours.
- Add in half and half. Remove the lid and stir in the half and half.
- Serve. Scoop onto plates or bowls and sprinkle each individual serving with 1 1/2 Tbsp of mozzarella cheese, if desired.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 516
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 1303 mg
- Fat: 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 10.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 43 g
- Fiber: 5.5 g
- Protein: 28 g
- Cholesterol: 87 mg
Keywords: slow cooker, crockpot