Tender, bite-sized meatballs made at home in your slow cooker. These meatballs are like the ones you buy at the grocery store in the frozen section except you know exactly what’s going in them. Make these meatballs with ground turkey, chicken, beef or pork…you choose!
- 1 lb ground turkey (or lean ground chicken, beef or pork)
- 1 Tbsp dried diced onion (or 1/2 cup diced fresh onion)
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Use your clean hands (or gloved hands) to mix the ingredients well.
- Form the mixture into round meatballs. I made mine into 1-2 Tbsp meatballs.
- Place in the bottom of a *slow cooker and cover. **Cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours.
- Serve the meatballs with whatever sauce or topping you desire. I topped mine with barbecue sauce.
*I used my 3 quart casserole crock slow cooker for this recipe. **If you want to make these meatballs in the oven you can totally do that too. You would just follow the recipe below except bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes. Although I haven’t tried it yet, at that point you could let the meatballs cool and then freeze them in a gallon size plastic zipper bag and you’d have your own homemade bag of frozen meatballs in the freezer for convenience. This recipe can be gluten free. Use gluten-free bread crumbs. Gluten-free bread crumbs can be found at most local grocery stores.