A one pot meal that has lots of flavor. Chicken is slow cooked with red potatoes, baby carrots, seasonings and lemon juice. A simple but delightful meal!
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 yellow onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Turn your stove to medium high heat and heat a pan for a few minutes. While it’s heating up pat your chicken dry with some paper towels. Add in 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Place each piece of chicken into the bottom of the pan. Let the chicken sit there and brown for 5 minutes. Using tongs turn the chicken over and brown for 5 minutes on the other side.
- Carefully remove the chicken and place it on a plate. Add in the minced garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add in the chicken broth and deglaze the pan.
- Add the chicken into the slow cooker and lightly salt and pepper it. Pour in the juices, garlic and browned bits from the pan. Add the onions, then the carrots and finally the potatoes. Sprinkle the kosher salt, black pepper, oregano and lemon pepper over the vegetables. Drizzle the other 1 Tbsp of olive oil over the top. Drizzle the lemon juice over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until chicken and vegetables are cooked.
- Scoop potatoes, carrots and chicken onto serving plates and enjoy. If you enjoy a crispy skin on your chicken you can stick the chicken under the broiler for a few minutes.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker