I love Chinese food but sometimes I feel so sick after eating it. It can be really greasy especially when it’s breaded and fried and then soaked in a salty sauce. Talk about bloat-fest! The slow cooker is a great way to make your favorite Asian foods. You get lots of flavor but not all the calories.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/3 cup low sodium (gluten free) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Apricot jam or preserves
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp minute tapioca
- Diced green onions, optional
- Cut chicken thighs into bite size pieces. Place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, apricot jam, hoisin sauce, balsamic vinegar, garlic, red pepper flakes and tapioca. Pour sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- Serve chicken over rice or noodles and top with green onions.
Ideal slow cooker size: 3-4 quart