Homemade chocolate covered peanuts clusters that are made at home in your slow cooker with just 3 simple ingredients.
- 3 cups roasted salted peanuts
- 1 (12 oz) bag Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tbsp shortening (not butter or oil)
- Dump the peanuts into the bottom of a small 2-3 quart slow cooker. If you don’t have a small slow cooker find an oven safe dish that will fit inside your large slow cooker and place the peanuts in that and then place the dish in the bottom of your large slow cooker.
- Dump the chocolate chips into the slow cooker on top of the peanuts. Add in the shortening.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 30 minutes to 1 hour (this time will depend on your slow cooker. Mine took exactly one hour. Yours may take 30 minutes or up to 90 minutes). Stir the chocolate, it should be all melted. Cover the peanuts totally with the chocolate.
- Get out a piece of parchment paper or waxed paper. Spoon clusters of peanuts/chocolate onto the parchment paper. Let the chocolate dry and then enjoy. To speed up the drying process you can place the clusters into the fridge or freezer. Store leftovers in an airtight container.