A very easy recipe with just a handful of ingredients that tastes absolutely amazing! Cream cheese is stirred into shredded chicken with Greek seasonings and lemon juice and then served on pita bread and topped with tomatoes and cucumbers. A simple family friendly meal that everyone will love.
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (frozen is okay)
- 1 Tbsp Greek seasoning OR make your own blend:
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dill
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about one lemon)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- For serving: pitas, sliced tomatoes, diced cucumbers
- Place onion in bottom of slow cooker. Pour the chicken broth into the slow cooker. Place chicken on top of the onions. Sprinkle the chicken with the Greek seasoning.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours (if your chicken is frozen it will be closer to 6 hours).
- Remove the lid. Place chicken on a cutting board and shred it up. Discard the onion and the chicken broth. Add the chicken back into the slow cooker. Turn the slow cooker on high. Stir in the fresh lemon juice and the cream cheese. Stir the cream cheese in until it is melted and incorporated.
- Serve chicken on top of pitas with sliced tomatoes and diced cucumbers.
For this recipe I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
If you’re not into pitas you could serve this chicken over rice or quinoa instead. If you’re on the keto diet you could probably just make this chicken and serve it plain without the pita. You could also serve the chicken on top of a bed of lettuce or spinach.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Greek
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the chicken (no pita or veggies)
- Calories: 318
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 697 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Protein: 37 g
Keywords: keto, chicken, easy