Tender bites of chicken breast and cheesy tortellini are served in a creamy tomato basil sauce. It’s made in your slow cooker and is a no fuss recipe!
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked chicken breasts, cut into bite size cubes
- 1 or 2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes (if you want it more saucy use 2 cans)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 (19 oz) bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil or stir-in paste basil
- Salt and pepper
- Add chicken, tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and tortellini to the slow cooker. Stir a bit.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours, or until chicken and tortellini are cooked through. Each slow cooker cooks differently.
- Remove the lid and stir in the half and half, parmesan cheese and basil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
Tortellini: I used a 19 ounce bag of frozen cheese tortellini. I believe that you could use fresh tortellini, although I’ve never tried it so I can’t say for sure.
Chicken breasts: I used 2 uncooked chicken breast halves and cut them into bite size pieces. You could also use cooked and cubed chicken or even rotisserie chicken.
Basil: I used the squeeze tube of basil because I like how it can last for a month in my fridge. You can also use chopped fresh basil.
Half and half: half and half is just a product that has half whole milk and half cream. If you want you can use heavy cream instead or even evaporated milk would work fine.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cup serving
- Calories: 401
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 647 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Protein: 27 g