Addictive and delicious creamy chicken chili with bacon!
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs (frozen is fine and you can use a combination or types of chicken)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15.5 oz) can seasoned chili beans (Bush’s and S&W brands are good)
- 1 cup frozen corn (you can also use a can of drained corn)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- ½ cup bacon crumbles (I buy the big bag from Costco)
- 1 packet or 3 Tbsp dry ranch dressing mix (I use Hidden Valley)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese (I use full fat)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (I like sharp cheddar for more flavor)
- Add all ingredients besides the cheddar and cornstarch into your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Use tongs to remove the chicken and place it on a cutting board. Shred up the chicken well and add it back into the pot. Stir the chili so that the cream cheese incorporates. Stir in the cheddar cheese.
- To thicken use a cornstarch slurry. Take 2-3 Tbsp of cornstarch and 2-3 Tbsp of cold water and stir together in a small bowl until smooth. Then turn the slow cooker to the high setting. Stir the slurry into the slow cooker and the chili will thicken quickly. Ladle chili into bowls and serve.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American