A zesty, versatile shredded pork that can be served in salads, tacos, burritos, quesadillas or enchiladas. This is a perfect kid-friendly summer slow cooker meal that can also be easily made into a freezer meal.
- 2 1/2 lbs pork sirloin roast
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Place pork in bottom of slow cooker.
- Top with lime juice, chili powder, cumin and kosher salt.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. If you are available, turn the meat over halfway through.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and place on a cutting board and shred. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Add the pork back into the slow cooker and stir. Add in chopped cilantro.
- Serve pork in tacos, burritos, salads, quesadillas, enchiladas etc.
To make into a freezer meal: combine all ingredients in a gallon size zipper bag. Freeze. When ready to cook remove from freezer and thaw in the fridge overnight. Cook on low for 8 hours.