Easy to make smoky chicken tacos with all the fixings. A fresh weeknight meal that comes together quickly.
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 chipotle chili peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts (or a combination)
- Salt and pepper
- Lime Juice
- Taco items: shells, tomatoes, sour cream, avocados, cheese, chopped cilantro etc.
- Combine broth, onion, garlic, tomatoes, oregano, cumin, kosher salt and chipotle chili peppers in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add chicken into the slow cooker. Pour the blended sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Shred the chicken and stir it into the sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste and add lime juice to taste.
- Serve shredded chicken in taco shells with desired toppings.
If you’re a fan of heat you can use 3 chili peppers instead of 2. If you’re scared of heat then just use 1 chili pepper. I like to freeze the leftover chipotle peppers in a ziplock bag for later use.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker