An incredibly easy and delicious recipe for lettuce wraps. Hoisin sauce gives these ground chicken lettuce wraps lots of flavor and the rice and water chestnuts add texture. Get a whole head of lettuce ready because you’re not going to want to stop eating these chicken lettuce wraps!
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce (you can find this in the Asian section of the grocery store)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup long grain white rice
- 1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- For serving: butter lettuce leaves, diced green onions and sriracha
- Add the chicken, mushrooms, garlic powder, chicken broth, hoisin, soy sauce, rice and water chestnuts. Stir to break up the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until chicken and rice are cooked through.
- Remove the lid. Stir a bit. Prepare the lettuce leaves and green onions.
- Scoop a bit of the chicken mixture down the middle of a lettuce leaf. Sprinkle with green onion and, if you like a little kick, drizzle a tiny bit of sriracha on top of each lettuce wrap.
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Asian