This chowder is definitely a party in your mouth. With corn, chicken, bacon, cream cheese, potatoes, carrots, red bell pepper and more it’s chock full of tastiness. You’re going to be saying “let’s make this again next week” once you try it.
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 3 large Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen corn
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 (3 oz) package real bacon bits
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 4 green onions
- Salt and pepper
- Add onion, broth, chicken, carrots, celery, potatoes, corn and green chiles to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until chicken and potatoes are cooked through.
- Add in the bacon, cream cheese, pepper and green onions. Cover and cook on high for about 10 minutes. Stir until cream cheese is melted.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve.
I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stove top function. This is perfect for sauteing or browning before you slow cook. This slow cooker has four manual cooking functions: slow cook, stove top sear/Saute, steam, and bake.
This recipe is gluten free. Just check your chicken broth label to be sure.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker