Moist bites of chicken, cubed potatoes and crisp bites of asparagus are tossed with a seasoning blend of smoked paprika, garlic powder and more to create a well seasoned one pot dinner.
- 1 1/2 pounds (6 small) Russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 bunch of asparagus, washed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- Wash potatoes and if you desire, peel them (I kept the peels on mine). Cut them into 1 inch cubes. Add them into the slow cooker.
- Use kitchen shears* to trim the excess fat off the chicken thighs. Cut the chicken into 1 inch chunks. Add the cut chicken into the slow cooker.
- Add salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and chili powder into the slow cooker. Use a spoon to toss the seasonings to coat the chicken and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, or until potatoes are tender. Remove the lid. Stir in the pieces of asparagus and put the lid back on. Let the pot sit for about 5 minutes to warm the asparagus through and slightly cook it.
- Remove the lid. Salt and pepper to taste. Scoop the chicken, potatoes and asparagus onto plates and enjoy.
You can use chicken breasts in the place of chicken thighs. They won’t taste as tender and moist but they’ll work if you’re not a fan of dark meat.
You can use broccoli in the place of asparagus. I would slightly steam the broccoli before adding it into the slow cooker.
Keywords: slow cooker