Makes 4 servings
1 (5 oz) box Stove Top whole wheat stuffing
1 2/3 cup water
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
Salt and Pepper
1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1. Make a foil collar (instructions below) and place on the back of your slow cooker (opposite side of your controls).
2. Pat chicken dry and salt and pepper. Place in bottom of slow cooker.
3. Pour cream of chicken soup on top of chicken.
4. Bring water to a boil and add in the stuffing mix and seasoning and fluff with a fork. Spoon onto the top of the cream of chicken soup.
5. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
|Foil collar will prevent burning. Place on the side opposite of your controls,
since that’s the “hot spot” of your slow cooker.
How to make a foil collar:
• Layer and fold sheets of heavy duty foil until you have a six layered foil rectangle. Press the collar into the back side of the slow cooker insert; the food will help hold the collar in place during cooking.
Totally easy recipe with totally easy ingredients. I tried to make it a little healthier by using the whole wheat stuffing. Also, I like whole grain products because they hold up better in the slow cooker. The foil collar worked well so the casserole cooked evenly. The chicken came out moist and tender. My kids loved this dish and their plates were licked clean. 4 stars.
Leave a Reply