An easy 6-ingredient recipe for the tastiest chicken ever! A Filipino recipe of tender chicken thighs braised in vinegar and soy sauce with lots of garlic.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (or 3 pounds bone-in chicken)
- 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed (smashed with the side of a knife and peeled)
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, peppercorns and bay leaves into the slow cooker. Place the chicken into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the lid and place chicken on a platter.
- Reduce the sauce in the slow cooker. You can do this by pouring it into a saucepan and reducing on the stove for about 7 minutes on medium-high heat. Or if you have a stovetop setting on your slow cooker you can use that.
- Add chicken back in with the sauce and stir to coat the chicken in the sauce. Serve chicken with rice and sauce.
For this particular recipe I personally wouldn’t use chicken breasts. They just don’t come out as tender as the darker meats. But I know there will some of you that will still want to use chicken breasts. If you do only cook for 3-4 hours on low.
If using bone-in chicken you may want to remove the skin. If not you will probably want to broil the chicken a little to crisp up the skin.
To make gluten free: Use a gluten free soy sauce or tamari.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Filipino