If you’re looking for the easiest beef stew recipe you may have found it! The ingredients are dumped into your slow cooker and then you can come back to a cooked dinner several hours later. This recipe requires little to no prep and only 5 ingredients. No sauteing, chopping or browning. And best of all it tastes great!
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1 ½ pounds beef stew meat
- 1 (1 oz) packet onion soup mix
- 3 Tbsp brown gravy mix
- 1 (24 oz) bag frozen stew vegetables (see note)
- Add water, stew meat, onion soup mix, gravy mix and vegetables to your slow cooker. Stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours (every slow cooker cooks differently yours may be faster or slower)
- Remove the lid and stir. If you want to thicken the stew you can make a cornstarch slurry. Mix 2-3 Tbsp of cornstarch with 2-3 Tbsp of cold water and stir until smooth. Add the slurry into the pot. Turn the slow cooker to high and cook for 10-15 minutes without the lid. Once it’s thickened serve and enjoy!
I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.*
If you don’t want to use frozen vegetables you can cut up your own potatoes, carrots, celery and onions.
To make gluten free: use a gluten free gravy mix package and onion soup mix packet.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American