Make your favorite restaurant’s sweet pork at home with just a handful of ingredients. This pulled pork is perfect over salad, rice, tacos, burritos, quesadillas or on a toasted bun.
- 2 ¼ cups Coke, divided (not diet)
- 2 ½ pounds pork shoulder, trimmed of excess fat and cut into quarters
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar, divided
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 (4 oz) can green chilies
- 1 (10 oz can) red enchilada sauce
- Pour 1 ½ cups of Coke into slow cooker. Add in the quartered pork, ¼ cup brown sugar and garlic salt.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours. Remove the lid. Discard the liquid. Shred the meat and return it back into the slow cooker.
- Add ¾ cup Coke, 1 cup brown sugar, green chilies and enchilada sauce to a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for another 2 hours.
- Use tongs to serve the pork on top of salads, rice, burritos, tacos, quesadillas etc.
I like to buy the Pork Carnitas meat from Winco for this recipe. You can also use pork shoulder, butt, country style ribs, picnic roast.
After I discarded the liquid I shredded my meat in 2 seconds using my hand mixer. Basically I just pulsed it a couple of times.
- Category: Pork
- Method: Slow Cooker