Makes 6 servings
1/2 cup onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1 bay leaf
1 (2-3 lb) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
2 cups water
Salt and pepper
1. Combine onion, garlic, allspice and thyme in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for about 4-5 minutes, stirring every minute until onions are soft. Transfer to the slow cooker.
2. Add the squash, bay leaf, bouillon and water to the slow cooker.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 5-7 hours.
4. Remove bay leaf. Transfer to a blender and puree (or use an immersion blender). Pour back into the slow cooker.
5. Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
I wanted this to be good. But it, sadly, was not. I don’t know if it was because I was kind of sick and chocolate didn’t sound good, let alone squash soup…or if it was really that bad. I tried it and salt and peppered, tried it again, salt and peppered more, tried it again and then dumped it down the sink. Luckily, I also made taco salad and so we ate that for dinner instead. Maybe if you really really love squash this would taste good to you. I like squash okay but I think that this soup reminded me of baby food, tasteless and boring. Next time I make squash I’ll be baking it with a little butter and sugar on top instead. 1 star.
I guess I'm leaving a comment about what gift I was most excited to give this Christmas…well, it was a watch that I bought my husband from Nomorerack.com (love the deals on this website!) I wasn't completely sure it was the kind he had said he had wanted a few years ago but…it was and he was thrilled when he opened it..I was too(especially because I got a watch that usually costs $1800 or so for $160!)
Thanks..and I love your website! Julie
I love that crockpot..so cute! The gift that I am excited to give…I have a daughter-n-law that has stolen my heart and I get to spoil her with " girly" things. …so fun shopping for her!