Serves ? (depends how big your pork roast is)
1 pork butt roast (look for pork butt, boston, shoulder cuts) (I used a 2 pound roast but you can use as little or as much as you’d like…I usually use about 1/3 lb per person that I want to serve)
1 small onion
Large lettuce leaves
1. Place roast in slow cooker. Cut onion into large chunks and place around the roast.
2. Place a few cups of water in the slow cooker (enough to cover about 1/3 of the roast). Sprinkle about 2 tsp of chicken bouillon in the water.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours, or until roast is very tender and easy to shred.
4. Remove pork from slow cooker and place on cutting board. Shred. Discard the water and onion. Place shredded pork back into empty slow cooker. Add as much buffalo sauce as you can handle! It’s hot so add a little and then add more if wanted.
5. Place a large lettuce leave on a place and spoon about 1/3 cup of the pork down the middle. Roll up and eat!
Yum! I asked my husband if he liked this dish and he said “anytime there is meat that is shredded like this, I like it.” It really did turn out awesome. I made sure to get my roast in the slow cooker early (like 9 or 10 in the morning). That way it was able to really get tender and perfect by dinnertime. For the kids, I served them some plain pork before I added in the buffalo sauce, since I didn’t think they would appreciate the spiciness! 4 stars.
Leave a Reply