Tender shredded beef with an easy homemade barbecue sauce served on a toasted bun. An easy and delicious dinner!
- 3 pound beef chuck roast
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp liquid smoke
- Cut your roast into 6 even pieces. Cut off excess fat.
- Sprinkle the roast with the salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl whisk together the ketchup, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke. Pour the mixture over the meat and stir to coat the meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours depending on your slow cooker.
- Shred the meat and add it back into the pot and stir to coat the meat in the sauce.
- Serve the meat on toasted buns or rolls.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American