Shredded pork and chicken in a tomato bbq sauce with potato chunks, lima beans and corn.
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 pound pork butt, shoulder, picnic roast or carnitas meat
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp liquid smoke
- ½ cup diced onions
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs (frozen is okay)
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 ½ cups frozen lima beans
- 1 (14 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce or 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp tabasco sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn or 1 can drained corn (optional)
- Add broth to your slow cooker. Pat the pork dry with paper towels. Then rub it with the kosher salt and pepper. Add the pork into the slow cooker and dump the liquid smoke on top of the meat. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the lid and add in the onions, chicken, potatoes, lima beans, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce and salt. Cover and cook on low for 4 more hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Use tongs to place the meat on a tray or large cutting board. Shred the meat and return it to the pot.
- Stir in the worcestershire, red pepper, tabasco, and corn (if desired).
- Taste test and then salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop into bowls and serve with cornbread.
This recipe can be gluten free. Use gluten free worcestershire sauce and beef broth.
If you have leftover pulled pork (or canned pulled pork) you can skip the first step. Add the pulled pork into the bottom of the pot with some broth and then add the other ingredients as stated in step 2.
- Category: Pork
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American