- 2 (21 oz) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 (15.25 oz) white or yellow cake mix
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
- Open the cans of cherry pie filling and dump the contents into the bottom of a greased slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl use a pastry blender or fork to cut the butter into the cake mix. The consistency will be very crumbly. Evenly sprinkle the cake mix mixture over the top of the cherry pie filling.
- Place a double layer of paper towels gently on top of the slow cooker and then place the lid on top of the paper towels to secure them in place.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours.
- Remove the lid and discard the paper towels. If desired, place the crock insert under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to crisp up the top of the dessert.
- Scoop into bowls and top with vanilla ice cream.
You can easily halve this recipe. Use one can of pie filling and half a stick of butter and half the cake mix.
This recipe is easy to swap out with different fruit. I have used other fillings such as apple, peach, etc. It is quite full of sugar so if you want to use a low sugar pie filling you probably won’t know the difference.
I used my 3 quart casserole crock for this recipe. A 6 quart oval slow cooker would work nicely as well.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Slow Cooker