Tender, moist bites of shredded chicken flavored with a light balsamic dressing. With literally only 2 ingredients and the fact that it’s made in the crockpot, this recipe couldn’t be easier to make. This balsamic chicken tastes great on salads, over rice or with a baked potato.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I used frozen)
- 1/2 cup Newman’s Own Light Balsamic Dressing, divided
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. Drizzle the chicken with 1/4 cup of the dressing (reserve the rest of the dressing for later).
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours if chicken is thawed and 6-8 hours if chicken is frozen.
- Remove lid. Drain off excess liquid (mine had a lot of liquid since the chicken was frozen). Shred the chicken.
- Drizzle the remaining dressing over the shredded chicken and stir lightly.
- Serve chicken over salad or with rice or a baked potato.
I used my 6 quart slow cooker for this recipe.