Lean pork cooked in your slow cooker with onion, garlic, jalapeno, and lots of spices. Then the pork is crisped up on the stove top in a little olive oil creating maximum flavor for tacos, salads, burritos, nachos and enchiladas.
- 1 large onion
- 3 1/2 lbs pork loin
- 6 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 bay leaf
- 4 oz diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Cut the onion into thick 1/2 inch slices and place the round onion slices on the bottom of your 6 quart slow cooker.
- Place the pork on top of the onion slices.
- Cut 6 half inch slits in the top of the pork and place the garlic cloves into the slits.
- Cut the jalapeno in half and remove the seeds and white pith. Dice the jalapeno very finely. Sprinkle over the pork.
- Sprinkle the pork with 1 tsp kosher salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Sprinkle with the oregano and cumin. Top the pork with the bay leaves.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for about 6-8 hours. Remove the pork and place on a cutting board.
- Discard the bay leaves and shred the pork. Place shredded pork back into the slow cooker and stir in diced green chiles and lime juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large frying pan heat up the olive oil over medium heat. Place pork into the frying pan (you may need to do this in batches). Press the pork down hard until one side is crisp and brown. Place pork back into the slow cooker and stir in with juices.
- Serve the pork in salads, tacos, burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas, etc.
I used my 6 quart slow cooker for this recipe.