A low-fat recipe for bbq pulled pork. Perfect for sandwiches, salads or pizza!
- 2 lbs pork sirloin tip roast
- 2–3 cups chicken broth (enough so that meat is mostly submerged in it)
- 1 onion, sliced into quarters
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup (or to taste) Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce
- Cut the pork into 4 or 5 equal pieces. Place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour in the chicken broth. It should mostly cover the meat. Place the onions around the meat.
- Drizzle liquid smoke over the meat and then sprinkle with kosher salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours, or until meat is very tender. If you’re home and able, turn the meat over halfway through.
- Remove the meat and place on a cutting board. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour the juices and onion out of the slow cooker but reserve about 1 cup of the juices.
- Shred the meat and then put it back into the slow cooker. Pour in reserved juices so that the meat is moist.
- Stir in desired amount of BBQ sauce.
- Serve meat on top of buns, on a salad or on top of pizza.
I use my 6 quart slow cooker for this recipe.
- Serving Size: 6 servings