Make one serving of chewy and hearty steel cuts oats easily in your Instant Pot in 15 minutes from start to finish.
- 1/3 cup steel cut oats (not the quick cooking kind)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- Lightly spray the bottom of your Instant Pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add in the oats, milk, water and brown sugar. Stir.
- Cover the pressure cooker and make sure the valve is on “sealing.” Push the manual button and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- Once the timer beeps turn the valve from sealing to “venting.” As soon as the pressure is released you can open the Instant Pot and spoon your oatmeal into a bowl. I like to eat mine with sliced bananas and a splash of milk.
This recipe took 15 minutes from start to finish. My Instant Pot took about 5 minutes to come to pressure and then 10 minutes of cooking time.
I used this 6 quart Instant Pot for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes