A creamy, vegan slow cooker butternut squash soup recipe that has loads of fall flavor.
- 1 medium butternut squash (1 lb of peeled and cubed butternut squash)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 lb carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and sliced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried ground sage
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine squash, onion, carrots, apple, broth and bay leaf in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 6 hours, or until veggies are soft.
- Remove bay leaf and discard. Transfer contents of slow cooker to a blender and blend until smooth (or you can use an immersion blender).
- When smooth, pour back into the slow cooker and add in salt, pepper, sage and coconut milk. Stir. Taste and then add more salt and pepper to taste. (I probably added in an additional 1/2 tsp of salt)
- Serve and enjoy with croutons or crusty bread.
Ideal slow cooker size: 5 quart
- Calories: 144
- Sugar: 6 grams
- Sodium: 74 mg
- Fat: 7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 17 grams
- Protein: 6 grams