A zippy homemade hummus made from dried white beans, olive oil and fresh garlic and lemon juice.
- 2/3 cup dried white beans, rinsed
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place beans in bottom of slow cooker. Add in the garlic cloves.
- Cover beans with water about 2 inches above the beans.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 8 hours or on HIGH for about 4 hours, or until beans are very tender.
- Pour slow cooker contents into a colander and let all the water drain off. Transfer beans and garlic to a blender.
- Add in olive oil and lemon juice.
- Puree until totally smooth.
- Salt and pepper a little, blend, taste again, salt and pepper again and repeat until you get it perfectly seasoned.
Ideal slow cooker size: 3 quart
- Category: Dips
- Method: Slow Cooker