- 1 1/2 lbs of cauliflower florets (I bought mine at Costco they were already cut up and washed)
- 4 peeled whole garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped chives, for serving
- Place cauliflower florets into the slow cooker.
- Fill slow cooker with water until it covers cauliflower. Add a bay leaf to the water.
- Dump in the garlic cloves and 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for about 4 hours, or until cauliflower is very tender or LOW for about 6 hours.
- Remove lid and drain off all water (I placed mine in a colander). Discard the bay leaf.
- Place cauliflower back into slow cooker and add in the olive oil and Parmesan and 1/2 tsp of kosher salt. Mash using a potato masher until desired consistency is reached. Or alternately, you can pour cauliflower into food processor or blender and puree (that’s what I ended up doing).
- Salt and pepper to taste and garnish with chives. Serve!