Makes 6-8 servings
Ideal slow cooker size: 6-7 quart
2 lbs lean ground turkey
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1. Combine turkey, bread crumbs, eggs, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a large bowl. Mix, using your hands, to combine really well.
2. Form into a large loaf and place in a bread pan that will fit inside your large slow cooker.
3. Place bread pan in bottom of slow cooker. Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW for about 4-6 hours.
4. Remove bread pan from slow cooker and place in an oven that has been preheated to broil. Broil for a few minutes (watch carefully, so it doesn’t burn) to get the top nice and brown.
5. Spread hoisin sauce on top of the meatloaf. Let rest under loosely tented foil for about 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
Inspired by Taste and Tell Slow Cooker Asian Meatballs
I have done regular meatloaf recipes in the past in the slow cooker but this time I decided to switch it up with an Asian flair. It was a good choice. I love hoisin, soy sauce, ginger…all of it. You, of course, could easily make this meatloaf in the oven if you prefer. I would cook on 350 for about an hour. Serve with rice or Asian-style veggies. 3 1/2 stars.
Leave a Reply