Beef and mushrooms served with a savory gravy over egg noodles. Made with no cream of soups.
- 2 Tbsp non fat dried powdered milk
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp beef bouillon (Shirley J or Better Than Bouillon are good brands)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried onion
- 1 cup water
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb beef chuck roast, cut into cubes (or you can buy stew meat)
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp flour (if you need it to be gluten free, use a gluten free flour)
- Salt and pepper and garlic powder, to taste
- Sliced green onion, for garnish
- In a large plastic zipper bag combine the powdered milk, cornstarch, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, beef bouillon, pepper, basil, parsley and onion. Shake to mix. Add in the cubed meat and seal the bag. Shake until all pieces of meat are thoroughly coated. Pour contents of bag into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Top with dried onion and mushrooms. Pour water over the top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours, or until meat is very tender.
- Remove lid and stir a bit. Stir together the sour cream and flour in a small bowl (this will prevent curdling). Stir the sour cream mixture into the slow cooker. Salt and pepper and garlic powder it to taste. Let cook with lid off on HIGH for about 10 minutes. Serve over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes and garnish with green onion.
Ideal slow cooker size: 3 quart
- Method: Slow Cooker