- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 cups white flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 5 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Add in the vanilla and pumpkin and whisk until smooth.
- Add in the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice. Fold in with a rubber scraper. When thoroughly combined fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spray a jelly roll pan with non stick cooking spray. Spread the batter evenly in the bottom of the pan. Use clean hands to pat down evenly, if needed.
- Bake for about 14-16 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- While cookies are baking, make the frosting by combining the powdered sugar, cream cheese, milk and vanilla in a bowl. Use a hand mixer to beat until creamy and smooth.
- Let the cookies cool for about 10 minutes. Then gently spread the frosting on top of the bars. Let
cool for another 15 minutes and then cut and serve.
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction