Tender shredded seasoned beef is rolled up in a warm tortilla with crunchy cabbage, diced avocado, chopped cilantro, sriracha sour cream and a splash of roasted garlic seasoned rice vinegar. When you bite into this taco it’s like a party in your mouth. All the flavors and textures come together in a perfect union.
For the beef:
- 1 1/2 pounds cross rib roast or chuck roast
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger root
- 1 Tbsp NAKANO Seasoned Rice Vinegar (I used the roasted garlic flavor)
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
For the cabbage slaw:
- 1 small head of purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 6 (fajita size) uncooked flour or corn tortillas
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp sriracha
- Diced avocado
- NAKANO Seasoned Rice Vinegar, for serving
- Cut the beef in half. Place in the pressure cooker or slow cooker.
- In a small bowl whisk together the brown sugar, tamari, garlic, beef broth, ginger, rice vinegar and sesame oil. Pour the mixture over the beef.
- If using a slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 8-12 hours, until tender. If using an electric pressure cooker. Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Press the manual button or pressure cook button (high pressure) and adjust the timer to 80 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally for at least 15 minutes. If you can do a full natural pressure release that is best. Mine took almost 25 minutes to completely release on its own.
- Remove the lid and shred the beef. Return beef to juices.
- In a bowl, toss all the ingredients together for the cabbage slaw.
- Prepare sriracha sour cream by stirring together the 1/3 cup sour cream with the tablespoon of sriracha.
- Prepare the uncooked tortillas as described on its packaging. Mine literally took one minute to cook. Scoop some of the meat onto the tortilla. Top with some cabbage slaw, sriracha sour cream, cilantro and diced avocado. Splash a bit of rice vinegar over the top. Fold up the taco and enjoy!
- Category: Beef
- Method: Slow Cooker/Pressure Cooker