Breakfast sausage, bacon crumbles and cheddar cheese are enveloped in a baked yeast dough.
- ⅔ cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 ¼ tsp active dry yeast
- 3 large eggs
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 ¼ to 4 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 24 breakfast sausages
- 1 ½ cups grated cheddar
- 1 cup crumbled bacon
- Heat the milk in the microwave or on the stove until it reaches 110-115° F. Pour the milk into your stand mixer bowl and stir in the sugar and yeast. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Beat 2 of the eggs (save the last one for later). Add eggs, butter and salt into bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add in 2 cups of flour and mix until combined. Add in a quarter cup of flour at a time until the dough no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl (I only needed 3 ½ cups). Knead on low speed for 5 minutes.
- Swirl oil in the bottom of Instant Pot. Add dough to the Instant Pot. Set Instant Pot to yogurt function LESS (use adjust button to get it to less, it should say 24 hours) and let it raise for 25-30 minutes. Dough will double in size.
- Punch the dough down. Remove dough from Instant Pot and divide into 24 equal balls of dough.
- Brown the sausages in a large skillet on your stove top or in your Instant Pot using the saute setting.
- Use a rolling pin to roll each piece of dough into a rectangular shape about 3 inches by 2 inches long. Place one sausage on top, 1 Tbsp of cheddar and 2 tsp of bacon crumbles. Wrap the sausage in the dough (see visual below). Pinch the seam together and place it seam side down on a baking sheet. Repeat for the rest of the sausages.
- Let raise 15 minutes.
- Beat the egg and use a pastry brush to brush it over the tops of the dough.
- Bake at 400℉ for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
Can I make this recipe if I don’t have the yogurt button? Yes. Instead of raising the dough in your Instant Pot place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover with a towel. Place on your counter for an hour to raise.
- Category: Sausage