Makes 4-6 servings
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, partially frozen and cut into cubes
1/2 cup diced onion
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tbsp canola oil
1 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1/2 cup chicken broth (or 1/2 cup water mixed with 1/2 tsp chicken bouillon granules)
1 Tbsp quick cooking tapioca
1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy of chunky)
1 lime, juiced
Ground red pepper
Salt and pepper
Peanuts and cilantro for garnish
Fettuccine (about 8-10 oz cooked)
1. In microwave safe bowl combine the onion, garlic, and oil. Microwave for about 5 minutes, stirring every minute, until onions are soft. Transfer to slow cooker.
2. Add the chicken into the slow cooker.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, broth, tapioca and peanut butter together until smooth. Pour into the slow cooker.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours.
5. Add in juice from the lime. Sprinkle in the ground red pepper to taste and add in salt and pepper to taste.
6. Stir in the cooked fettuccine and coat with the peanut sauce.
7. Scoop onto individual plates and garnish with cilantro and peanuts.
I love Thai food, as evidenced by all these recipes I’ve done in the past…
Wow. I really do love Thai food. Holy cow…I didn’t realize that I had made so many Thai recipes until I just wrote them all down. Anyhow, this is another tasty recipe. The night of, I felt it was missing something (probably because I didn’t have any cilantro). But the next day I had the leftovers at lunch and it tasted delicious to me. Was I just more hungry at lunch? I’m not sure. I don’t usually have teriyaki sauce on hand at my house so I’ll probably go with one of the similar recipes above in the future that call for more pantry-friendly items…so I give this recipe 3 1/2 stars.