A messy tex-mex dish with chicken, sweet corn, refried beans, green chiles, cheese and Fritos. It’s just as yummy as it is messy!
- 1 pound uncooked or cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 (10 oz) can red enchilada sauce (I used mild)
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 2 cups frozen super sweet white corn
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 (2.5 oz) can sliced olives, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups Fritos
- Add chicken and broth into Instant Pot. Sprinkle chicken with the oregano, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and onion powder. Dump enchilada sauce on top of chicken.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. If you’re using cooked chicken set the pressure cook button to 3 minutes. If you’re using uncooked chicken breasts or thighs use a 10 minute pressure cook time. When the time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Shred the chicken. Stir the refried beans into the pot. Sprinkle the corn evenly over the top, then the green chiles and olives. Use an air fryer lid to air fry for 5 minutes at 350 degrees. Sprinkle half of cheddar, then the Fritos. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar on top and air fry for 3 more minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve and enjoy!
What if I don’t have an air fryer lid? After the pressure cooking time is up you can shred the chicken and stir in the refried beans until smooth. Then add the mixture into a square baking dish. Layer the corn, green chiles, olives, cheese, fritos and more cheese on top. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot/Air fryer lid