An easy American goulash recipe with ground beef, pasta, green beans and bell peppers. It takes only a few minutes to make with your Instant Pot. Eat immediately or use as a freezer meal.
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 8 ounces fusilli pasta
- 1 (14.5 oz) can green beans, drained
- 1 (24 oz) jar pasta sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the turkey and break it up. Add in the onions. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain of excess grease. Stir in the salt and pepper.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Sprinkle in the pasta, green beans, pasta sauce, bell pepper and Italian seasoning. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes (for the skinny fusilli pasta like I had) or if you have a different type of pasta then it might need longer, like 4 minutes (see note). When time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting.
- Remove the lid, stir in the cheeses and serve.
A good way to determine how long to cook different types of pasta is to take the amount of minutes the package says to boil the noodles for and divide by 2 and then subtract 1. So if the pasta package says to boil for 10 minutes you would divide that by 2 (= 5 minutes) and then subtract 1 (= 4 minutes of pressure cooking time).
If you’d like to make and freeze for later: scrape the cooked pasta into a 9×13 dish and sprinkle the cheeses on top. Cover tightly with a couple layers of foil. Freeze until you’re ready to eat. If you thaw the casserole bake at 350 for an hour, remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes. If you are cooking from frozen then bake at 350 for 90-120 minutes, remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Category: Turkey
- Method: Instant Pot