An easy and delicious Instant Pot (or oven) casserole recipe that tastes like bacon cheeseburgers and tater tots.
- 1 pound lean or extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 tsp Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 cup beef or chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp white rice
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 4 oz Velveeta cheese or cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips cooked and crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 pound Ore-Ida extra crispy tater tots
- For topping: diced tomatoes and pickles
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Turn Instant Pot to the sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Add in the onions. Brown the beef for about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess grease. Stir in the steak seasoning.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle in the rice. Dump tomato sauce, ground mustard, Velveeta and Worcestershire on top. Don’t stir.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 3-5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the cheese and bacon. Unplug Instant Pot.
- Add tots on top in a single layer. Place air fryer lid* on top of pot and cook at 450° F for 10 minutes, or until tots are cooked through and crispy. Top with tomatoes and pickles. (If you don’t have an air fryer lid you can cook the tots in the oven according to package directions).
- Scoop onto plates and serve.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Add in the beef and onions. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain excess grease. Stir in the steak seasoning, tomato sauce, ground mustard and Velveeta until all Velveeta melts.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×9 inch pan.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Lay tater tots on top in a single layer.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Top with tomatoes and pickles and serve.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot/Oven/Air Fryer Lid