School’s out for summer! Celebrate with this easy garlic cheddar tater tot casserole. You can make this in the Instant Pot or the oven.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen tater tots
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large mixing bowl add the sour cream, cottage cheese and half and half. Stir until combined. If you want a more creamy texture then blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Stir in the minced garlic, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Fold in the tater tots and half of the cheddar and all of parmesan.
- Once tots are coated well scrape them into a 7×4 inch pot in pot dish (or another deep pot in pot dish) that has been spayed with non-stick cooking spray. Pour 1 ½ cups water into Instant Pot. Place the tot dish on a sling and lower it into the Instant Pot. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes on high pressure. When time is up move valve to venting.
- Sprinkle remaining cheddar on top. If you have an air fryer lid place it on top of the Instant Pot and air fry at 400° F for about 5 minutes. If you don’t have an air fryer you can sprinkle the cheese on top and broil in your oven for 5 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
Oven directions: After step 1 scrape the mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish. Spread it out evenly. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes at 375 degrees. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 more minutes.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot/Air fryer lid