Karen’s Campfire Potatoes are like the Dutch oven potatoes you eat when camping but they are made in a fraction of the time. Plus you don’t have to set up camp and start a fire! You’re going to love these red potatoes with onions, bacon and the perfect amount of seasoning.
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes
- 4–6 slices of uncooked bacon, cut into half inch pieces
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Wash the potatoes and slice each potato into wedges (I did 8 wedges per potato). Place the potatoes into a steamer basket.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of water into bottom of Instant Pot. Lower the steamer basket into bottom of Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and release the pressure.
- Carefully remove the steamer basket and set it aside. Discard the water and dry out the inner liner and place it back inside the Instant Pot.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the bacon pieces and cook until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to move the bacon pieces out of the pot and onto a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- Add the onions into the pot with the bacon grease. Saute until translucent.
- Add in the potatoes, salt, chili powder and paprika. Toss well. Turn off Instant Pot. Toss in the cooked bacon.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot