Dried white beans are cooked in just a few minutes in your electric pressure cooker and then pureed with fresh lemon juice, garlic and olive oil to make a simple but delicious dip.
- 2/3 cup dried white beans, rinsed
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Rosemary, to taste (optional)
- Add the beans, 1 tsp salt and garlic cloves to the Instant Pot. Fill the pot with enough water to cover the beans by a couple of inches.
- Cover the instant pot and make sure the valve is set to “sealing.” Press the manual button (high pressure) and set the timer to 30 minutes. When the timer beeps you can perform a quick release by moving the valve from sealing to”venting.” Check the beans for doneness. (My beans were super old so they actually took another 5 minutes to cook. However if you have newer beans my guess is that 30 minutes will be plenty of time.)
- Drain the liquid off but reserve at least 1/2 cup of it. Place the beans, garlic cloves, olive oil and lemon juice in a blender. Puree. Salt and pepper to taste. Add more liquid in, as needed, and blend again. When it gets to your desired consistency serve the dip with chips, crackers or fresh veggies. I added in a little rosemary (about 1/4 tsp) and it gave it a really yummy flavor. If you want it more plain then leave out the rosemary.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
- Category: Dips
- Method: Instant Pot