An easy one pot Mexican dinner with rice, enchilada sauce, seasoned ground beef, melty cheese and Fritos! Top with lettuce, tomatoes and a dollop of sour cream.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/4 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1 cup white or brown rice
- 1 (10 oz) can red or green enchilada sauce (I used mild)
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese, divided
- 2–3 cups Fritos
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro, pickled jalapenos, sour cream
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Add in the onions. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off excess grease. Stir in the salt, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and smoked paprika.
- Pour in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle in the rice, don’t stir, but gently press with a spoon to submerge.
- Pour the enchilada sauce and green chiles on top.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes for white rice or 20 minute for brown rice. When time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the sour cream. Sprinkle on half of the cheese, all of the Fritos, and then the other half of the cheese. Put the air fryer lid on top and turn it on for a couple of minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Scoop onto plates and top with lettuce, tomato, pickled jalapenos, cilantro and extra sour cream. Eat and enjoy!
If you don’t have an air fryer lid you can just put the normal lid on the Instant Pot and let the cheese melt on the warm setting for a few minutes.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also use your 3 or 8 quart pot.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes (plus 5 minute NPR)
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot