An easy ground beef, rice and vegetable recipe that comes together very quickly with the help of your pressure cooker.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (6 oz) package Ben’s original Long Grain and Wild Rice
- 1 1/4 cups chicken or beef broth
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the ground beef and break it up. Add in the onions. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off excess grease.
- Stir in half of the seasoning packet that is in the rice box. Pour in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Sprinkle in the rice. Dump the celery, carrots, mushrooms, salt, pepper and garlic powder on top of the rice. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir. Serve and enjoy.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot