A cheesy potato and ground beef dish with pickles, mustard and ketchup.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp steak seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1–2 Tbsp cornstarch + 2 Tbsp water
- 1/3 cup diced dill pickles
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Add in the onions. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off excess grease. Stir in the steak seasoning and Worcestershire.
- Pour in the beef broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Dump the tomatoes into the pot. Dump the potatoes on top, don’t stir in. Lightly salt and pepper the potatoes.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid. Test potatoes for doneness (mine always get done so quickly but if your potatoes are still hard you can bring the pot to pressure for another minute or two).
- Make a cornstarch slurry by stirring together the water and cornstarch. Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting and stir it in to thicken.
- Stir in the pickles, mustard, ketchup and cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop onto plates and enjoy.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot